Leaving Korea with Pets
Procedures for Pets Departing Korea
1. Contact the embassy of the country to which you are re-locating as animal importation requirements vary from one country to the other.
2. Ten days before shipment, take the pet to the vet and secure an Animal Health Certificate, including a certificate of rabies vaccination.
3. Take the pet and the papers to the Korean Animal Quarantine office to have the necessary papers filed before checking in for your flight. The Animal Quarantine office is the Departures area of Incheon International Airport to the left of Paris Baquette and Gate 7. Incheon International Airport 'map'.
4. You will be required to pay Animal Quarantine a revenue stamp fee (W10,000 - W20,000 per pet).
5. Once the Quarantine office has completed the paperperwork, you will take the documents and your pet to your airline check-in. If your pet is going in cargo, staff will check the carrier (check with your ailine when booking as to the crate, etc. requirements), take your additional payment if you haven't already paid, check the Quarantine documents and check you in. From there you will go to the Overweight Luggage section to check in your pet.
6. f your pet is travelling with you, the airline staff will likely check your carrier and your pet's weight to ensure they conform to requirements. You will have to remove your pet from the carrier when going through Security.
Procedures for Bringing Pets into Korea - Moving to Korea Section
Travelling with Pets - in list below
Editor's Note: The information above is based on the information K4E has available at the time of writing. Please see this as a guide and do follow-up with the appropriate Korean government bodies to confirm its accuracy and/or to get the most current answers. K4E would appreciate your feedback should you find out that our information is out-of-date. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated on 2017-09-06
|In the same header|
Doctors, Hospitals, Intl Clinics
Sarang Plus Joint and Spine Hospital, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Yongsan International School of Seoul, K-12, Hannam-dong, Seoul
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
S-PLANT Dental Hospital, Prosthetic Dentistry-Orthodontics, Gangnam, Seoul
Business and Networking Associations
American Chamber of Commerce in Korea, AMCHAM, Seoul
Korean Language and Culture (translation, orientations, classes, etc)
Diane's Easy Korean Customized Language Culture Training, Around Korea + Long Distance Learning
Accounting, Tax Filing Services
TieTax, US Taxes and Financial Planning, Korea
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Busan
Web Design, Internet Related Services