Finding Your Towed Car
The police will have a car towed if it is illegally parked. Cars can be towed from areas where there is no towing sign posted. (In many areas, one can only park where there is a sign permitting parking - don't assume that if you don't see a 'No Parking' sign, parking is permitted).
If your vehicle has been towed:
- Look around the area where your vehicle was parked and see if you can find a piece of paper – it may be stuck on a pole, the side of a building, the curb, somewhere. You will know it’s for you because your license number will be written on it. From that you will see where the vehicle is now waiting for you. There is usually a phone number listed. A Korean-speaker can call and confirm that your vehicle is there and find out how much money you need to bring with you.
- If you can’t find the location of your vehicle and you are in Seoul, contact the Seoul Metropolitan Management Corporation or call the Automatic Response Service for towed vehicles: 02-2290-6300~5 (ARS) – again ask a Korean speaker for help.
- To recover your vehicle, you must go to the tow lot, show your driver’s license and alien registration card. You will have to pay a tow fee and a tow lot fee. (The tow lot fee should be at most W500,000 regardless of the type of vehicle). Tow fees can range between W40-50,000 depending on the size of the vehicle.
- To appeal the fine if the fine stems the vehicle having been stolen or from some other reasonable cause, the owner may appeal to City Hall within 10 days of the citation.
- Unpaid fines can finally be paid at any bank or at the local gu-office in which the ticket was issued.
Last Updated on 2010-08-24
|In the same header|
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
A Plus Dental Clinic, Orthodontics , Gangnam, Seoul
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Busan
Doctors, Hospitals, Intl Clinics
Sarang Plus Joint and Spine Hospital, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Korea International School-KIS, PK-12 English, Pangyo, Gyeonggi-do
Business Centers, Support Services
Cocoonfice, Business Center, Seocho-gu, Seoul
Shopping, Food, Clothing, New and Used Stuff, etc.
Goodwill Store Seoul - Used Items Donations and Purchases
Business and Networking Associations
Italian Chamber of Commerce in Korea - ITCCK, Seoul
Accounting, Tax Filing Services
JzAssociate, Accounting Services, Personal & Business, Seoul & Gyeonggi