Questions & Answers

Money Matters

I know that I have to file an annual tax return in Korea, but how can I do it when I don\'t speak or read Korean?

The National Tax Service has published a handy-dandy booklet, in English, entitled “Individual Income Tax and Benefits Guide for Foreigners 2007” that details how to fill out the forms and even how to file your return on-line. The booklet also contains sample cases and provides answers to FAQ’s. You can download it from (look under Publication of Resources) or pick up a copy at your Embassy. It’s also available in the ombudsman center of your local tax office. You can telephone the NTS at 02-397-1440 or 02-2076-5711.  If you want professional help, there are plenty of tax firms that can help you.

K4E Editor: We try to make the information on as complete and accurate as possible, so if you notice any errors or omissions in the content above, please let us know at



Communication Services


Driving in Korea

Food Eating

General Info

Getting Around

Government Regs






Teaching in Korea

Travel in Korea

Working Conditions

At the Movies This Week - SeoulClick here for a list of English language/subtitled movies and where they are playing in Seoul. For...
IGVC-Seocho Bangbae Village Tour, Thu 1 Aug 2019, Seocho-gu, SeoulFree walking tour of Seocho-gu by volunteer residents of the area.
The Homework Myth - Alfie Kohn, 8 Aug 2019, Yeonsu-gu, IncheonU.S. author Alfie Kohn - THE HOMEWORK MYTH: Questioning Achievement Pressures in (and after) School.
JZ Associate
Seoul Foreign School, K-12 English School, Seodaemun, Seoul
TCIS Taejon Christian International School,1 Nov 2017
A Plus Dental
Korea International School-KIS, PK-12 English, Pangyo, Gyeonggi-do
I want to convert
Cocoonfice, Business Center, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
EnglishClass101 - An online English learning system
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Helpul telephone numbers seoul korea