Questions & Answers
- Is it true that there will be on-line etiquette programs in Korea?
- I've heard that it can be difficult to get phone service in Korea if you're a foreigner. Is that true?
- Pre-paid cell phone cards are very costly. Why can't I get regular mobile service?
- Why do I have to go and re-register my cell phone every 3 months?
- During interviews I've been asked about when I plan to have children, why I'm not married, etc. Is that legal? Are men asked the same questions?
- I've received some gifts I can't use for Chuseok. What should I do?
- Am I expected to give a gift to my boss?
- What is the rule of thumb about gift-giving for Chuseok?
- What kind of gift is appropriate at Chuseok?
- I've been told that I'm expected to give one month's salary each to my Korean driver and maid for Chuseok and Lunar New Year? Is that correct?
- Why is November 11th called Pepero Day in Korea?
- Is fortune telling popular in Korea?
- Do the colours black and white have the same meanings in Korea as in the West?
- What is a cultural property? And what is the difference between a tangible and intagible cultural property?
- Why do some Koreans hang fish in homes, stores, etc? Is it related ot the wooden fish hanging in temples?
Driving in Korea
- Can I use my driver's license in Korea?
- What is the minimum driving age in Korea?
- How can I find out where my car has been towed?
- Can I make a left turn on an amber/yellow light?
- On what side of the road do Koreans drive?
- How do I get rid of my car if it's too old to sell?
- How can I find out if there are any outstanding fines on my car?
- I bought a used motorcycle. Do I have register it? If yes, how?
- Is it legal to drive or park a motorcycle on the sidewalk?
- Are vehicle inspections also required by foreign car owners?
- Where can I get weather information?
- Are foreign nationals working in Korea entitled to childcare subsidies?
- Is there anything special I should bring with me?
- I'd love to visit Korea, but I can't eat spicy foods. Is there anything I can eat?
- How much should one tip in Korea?
- Am I going to be able to find anyone who speaks English when I get to Korea?
- Why do we see so many Xmas trees still up in February?
- What does paying 'gwaligeum' mean?
- We hear a lot about how much Koreans spend on education. How much is spent on public education in Korea?
- What does Kibun mean?
- What does Nunchi mean?
- What is the suicide rate in Korea?
- What is the percentage of foreigners in Korea?
- Rate of legal complaints by foreigners?
- What is the minimum wage in Korea?
- What is the legal drinking age in Korea?
- How old do you have to be to buy cigarettes in Korea?
- I understand Koreans smoke a lot. Can we smoke everywhere?
- Why aren't garbage bags put in trash cans before they are put out on the street?
- What is the voting age in Korea?
- What is the age of consent for marriage in Korea?
- Does the yellow dust problem occur all year long?
- Where can I get information on today's level of yellow sand?
- How can I know if I do or don't have health insurance?
- I keep hearing about fan deaths. What is it?
- Where to find needles or syringes in Korea?
- Are there home care nurses available in Korea?
- Are there any French-speaking doctors in Seoul?
- Are there any Spanish-speaking doctors in Seoul?
- I know that I have to file an annual tax return in Korea, but how can I do it when I don't speak or read Korean?
- Why can't I use my Korean ATM card to access my account from outside Korea?
- If I pay for purchases with a Korean credit card, does this add to my income tax deductions?
- My boss only gave me less than one month's salary when my contract ended? What can I do.
- My employer did not give me my pension information until just hours before my flight. What can I do now?
- Why is it that universities don't pay airfaire to and from Korea?
- My employer pays me less than my hourly wage when I work overtime. Is that usual in Korea?
- Can I receive monies owed me by my employer after I leave Korea?
- I need to have the tank on my BBQ grill re-filled. How can I do that?
- Can non-Koreans shop at second-hand stores?
- Where can I buy baby products?
- What are the duties or taxes on international catalog orders delivered in Korea?
- Where can we find good deals on electronic products in Seoul?
- Are there Dollar stores in Korea?
- How to access home country iTunes account in English from Korea?
- Can we buy firewood in Korea?
- Why are Supermarkets and Super Stores closed some Sundays?
Teaching in Korea
Travel in Korea
- Does the national health plan cover 100% of my medical expenses?
- How much will it cost me to provide my own health insurance coverage?
- My employer has gone bankrupt owing me back wages and my air fare back home. Is there anything I can do?
- Is it true that as a foreign ESL teacher, I pay Korean income taxes on only a percentage of my earned income?
- My employer wants us to work on promotions and special weekend camps for free or for less than our normal hourly wage. Can he do that?
- Which has more weight, labor law or the contract? Can a contract go against the law?
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, etc.
Tartine Bakery and Cafe - Fruit, Meringue Pies, Peasant Bread -Seoul
Doctors, Hospitals, Intl Clinics
Maria Fertility Hospital - IVF Treatments, Shinseol-dong, Seoul
Accounting/Tax Filing Services
JzAssociate, Accounting Services, Personal & Business, Seoul & Gyeonggi
Chiropractic, Alternative Medicine
New York Wholistic Care, Chiropractor in Itaewon, Seoul
EnglishClass101 - An online English learning system
Schools Nursery to University
Namsan International Kindergarten, Jung-gu, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
KONIS, English Montessori School, Pyeoungchang-dong, Seoul
Shopping, Food, Clothing, New and Used Stuff, etc.
MOGO - Meal Kit Service, Delivery around Korea
Last Posts On Forums
I want to convert