Questions & Answers
- Is it true that there will be on-line etiquette programs in Korea?
- I've heard that it can be difficult to get phone service in Korea if you're a foreigner. Is that true?
- Pre-paid cell phone cards are very costly. Why can't I get regular mobile service?
- Why do I have to go and re-register my cell phone every 3 months?
- During interviews I've been asked about when I plan to have children, why I'm not married, etc. Is that legal? Are men asked the same questions?
- I've received some gifts I can't use for Chuseok. What should I do?
- Am I expected to give a gift to my boss?
- What is the rule of thumb about gift-giving for Chuseok?
- What kind of gift is appropriate at Chuseok?
- I've been told that I'm expected to give one month's salary each to my Korean driver and maid for Chuseok and Lunar New Year? Is that correct?
- Why is November 11th called Pepero Day in Korea?
- Is fortune telling popular in Korea?
- Do the colours black and white have the same meanings in Korea as in the West?
- What is a cultural property? And what is the difference between a tangible and intagible cultural property?
- Why do some Koreans hang fish in homes, stores, etc? Is it related ot the wooden fish hanging in temples?
Driving in Korea
- Can I use my driver's license in Korea?
- What is the minimum driving age in Korea?
- How can I find out where my car has been towed?
- Can I make a left turn on an amber/yellow light?
- On what side of the road do Koreans drive?
- How do I get rid of my car if it's too old to sell?
- How can I find out if there are any outstanding fines on my car?
- I bought a used motorcycle. Do I have register it? If yes, how?
- Is it legal to drive or park a motorcycle on the sidewalk?
- Are vehicle inspections also required by foreign car owners?
- Where can I get weather information?
- Are foreign nationals working in Korea entitled to childcare subsidies?
- Is there anything special I should bring with me?
- I'd love to visit Korea, but I can't eat spicy foods. Is there anything I can eat?
- How much should one tip in Korea?
- Am I going to be able to find anyone who speaks English when I get to Korea?
- Why do we see so many Xmas trees still up in February?
- What does paying 'gwaligeum' mean?
- We hear a lot about how much Koreans spend on education. How much is spent on public education in Korea?
- What does Kibun mean?
- What does Nunchi mean?
- What is the suicide rate in Korea?
- What is the percentage of foreigners in Korea?
- Rate of legal complaints by foreigners?
- What is the minimum wage in Korea?
- What is the legal drinking age in Korea?
- How old do you have to be to buy cigarettes in Korea?
- I understand Koreans smoke a lot. Can we smoke everywhere?
- Why aren't garbage bags put in trash cans before they are put out on the street?
- What is the voting age in Korea?
- What is the age of consent for marriage in Korea?
- Does the yellow dust problem occur all year long?
- Where can I get information on today's level of yellow sand?
- How can I know if I do or don't have health insurance?
- I keep hearing about fan deaths. What is it?
- Where to find needles or syringes in Korea?
- Are there home care nurses available in Korea?
- Are there any French-speaking doctors in Seoul?
- Are there any Spanish-speaking doctors in Seoul?
- I know that I have to file an annual tax return in Korea, but how can I do it when I don't speak or read Korean?
- Why can't I use my Korean ATM card to access my account from outside Korea?
- If I pay for purchases with a Korean credit card, does this add to my income tax deductions?
- My boss only gave me less than one month's salary when my contract ended? What can I do.
- My employer did not give me my pension information until just hours before my flight. What can I do now?
- Why is it that universities don't pay airfaire to and from Korea?
- My employer pays me less than my hourly wage when I work overtime. Is that usual in Korea?
- Can I receive monies owed me by my employer after I leave Korea?
- I need to have the tank on my BBQ grill re-filled. How can I do that?
- Can non-Koreans shop at second-hand stores?
- Where can I buy baby products?
- What are the duties or taxes on international catalog orders delivered in Korea?
- Where can we find good deals on electronic products in Seoul?
- Are there Dollar stores in Korea?
- How to access home country iTunes account in English from Korea?
- Can we buy firewood in Korea?
- Why are Supermarkets and Super Stores closed some Sundays?
Teaching in Korea
Travel in Korea
- Does the national health plan cover 100% of my medical expenses?
- How much will it cost me to provide my own health insurance coverage?
- My employer has gone bankrupt owing me back wages and my air fare back home. Is there anything I can do?
- Is it true that as a foreign ESL teacher, I pay Korean income taxes on only a percentage of my earned income?
- My employer wants us to work on promotions and special weekend camps for free or for less than our normal hourly wage. Can he do that?
- Which has more weight, labor law or the contract? Can a contract go against the law?
Doctors, Hospitals, Intl Clinics
Maria Fertility Hospital - IVF Treatments, Shinseol-dong, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Seoul Foreign British School, Age 3 to Year 9, Seodaemun, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Chadwick International School Songdo, PreK-12 International School, Songdo, Incheon
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
A Plus Dental Clinic, Orthodontics , Gangnam, Seoul
Accounting/Tax Filing Services
TieTax, US Taxes and Financial Planning, Korea
Shopping, Food, Clothing, New and Used Stuff, etc.
Beautiful Store, Resale of Donated Goods, Seoul
Business and Networking Associations
Australia Chamber of Commerce in Korea, AustCham, Seoul
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Busan
Last Posts On Forums
I want to convert