House of Sharing English Tour, Sat 19 Aug 2017, Gwangju, Seoul
DATE: Saturday 19 August 2017
TIME: 12:00 - 18:00
COST: Entrance fee W5,000 / Concessions 3,000 KRW / Visitors with disabilities and senior citizens are free of charge /Round trip transport from subway station W10,000 / .
VENUE: House of Sharing Museum - Meet at Ganbyeon Subway Station, Line 2, Stop 214
DESCRIPTION: The House of Sharing (HoS)/Museum of Japanese Military Sexual Slavery (Nanum Jip-나눔의 집) provides information in English and Japanese in addition to Korean. The purpose of the visit is to learn the history of former "comfort women" (the women forced into sexual slavery during WWII by the Japanese military.) House of Sharing was created as a home for some of the surviving eldery 'halmoni' (grandmothers) comfort women. The tour of the museum is conducted in English every 3rd Saturday by volunteers from the HoS International Outreach Team.
TOUR SCHEDULE (subject to change):
12:00 Gathering at Gangbyeon station
13:30 HOS Tour I - Introduction & Watching a video
14:15 HOS Tour II - Museum tour
15:30 Q&A / Discussion session
16:00 Meeting survivors (variable.)
RESERVATION: To join the tour please email the following information to email@example.com
1. Full name
2. Cell phone number
3. Date of the tour you wish to attend
4. Number of guests you will be bringing (not including yourself)
5. If you will be meeting us at Gangbyeon station or going directly to the House of Sharing
* Extra fees: Please bring 10,000 KRW in cash for the private bus to and from the House of Sharing (or 5,000 KRW if you only plan to take the bus one way and will arrange your own transportation the other way) plus extra money if you wish to make a donation or buy souvenirs from the gift shop
GETTING THERE: The HoS International Outreach Team will meet you at Exit #1 of Gangbyeon station (Line 2, Stop 214) at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday to guide you. We will then take a private bus to the House of Sharing. Please arrive on time, as we will leave by 12:10 at the latest. If you arrive after this time, you may have to take public transportation to the House.
Please make sure to bring some snacks with you as there is nowhere to purchase them at the House of Sharing. Also, the grandmothers love music and dance!
If you are a musician, please feel free to bring your instrument or to prepare a song to sing. Or, if you can dance, please don't hesitate to perform for the grandmothers. They will really appreciate your effort.
* Extra fees: Please bring 10,000 KRW in cash for the private bus to and from the House of Sharing (or 5,000 KRW if you only plan to take the bus one way and will arrange your own transportation the other way) plus extra money if you wish to make a donation or buy souvenirs from the gift shop.
Please visit: http://nanum.org/eng/index.html
Business and Networking Associations
Italian Chamber of Commerce in Korea - ITCCK, Seoul
Korean Language and Culture (translation, orientations, classes, etc)
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Seocho-gu, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Busan Foreign School, K-12 English Based School, Busan
Schools Nursery to University
Seoul Foreign School, English School, Age 2 to 12 Grade, Seodaemun, Seoul
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, etc.
Tartine Bakery and Cafe - Fruit, Meringue Pies, Peasant Bread -Seoul
Chiropractic, Alternative Medicine
New York Wholistic Care, Chiropractor in Jongno-gu, Seoul
Shopping, Food, Clothing, New and Used Stuff, etc.
Persian Carpets, Imported Oriental Rugs, Itaewon, Seoul