Replacing Your Korean Driver's License
RE-ISSUANCE of a lost/damaged driver’s license is available at any of the 26 driver's license test sites accross the country or at the License Section of a National Police Station. A list of the 26 test sites and the jurisdictions they cover is attached.
For a lost license:
1. Alien registration card and passport picture for application
2. Picture required when applying for a temporary driver’s license at the police station
3. Alien registration card, passport or public official card required when picking up the license
For a damaged license:
1. ID card and a passport picture required for application.
2. ID card, passport or public official card required when picking up the license
3. Fee: W5,000
1. You can drive for 20 days on a temporary driver’s license.
2. Whenever you change your address, you should take your driver’s license to the gu office so that the change can be recorded on it as well as on your alien registration card.
English (or other languages) forms and/or translation are not available at all sites. You can contact 02-1577-1129 to confirm whether your local DLA office has English or other languages (Cambodian, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Mongol,, Russian, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese). If that doesn't work, contact 02-1330 (the KTO help line and they may be able to identify where there may be English-speaking staff or possibly even provide some basic/limited translation. .
DRIVER'S LICENSE AGENCY (DLA)
Website is in English, Chinese and Japanese available
Main Office: Switchboard: (02)1577-1120 (recording in Korean - no English speakers)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (if no one answers, you may want to follow-up by contacting 02-1330)
Address: 438 Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
DLA TESTING FACILITIES - see attached list of sites and jurisdictions each covers
K4E Editor: We try to make the information on Korea4Expats.com as complete and accurate as possible, so if you notice any errors or omissions in the content above, please let us know at email@example.com. For more details on driver's licenses in Korea, go to the Driver's License Agency's website.
Last Updated on 2012-12-09
|In the same header|
Meditation and Yoga
Mu Sang Sa, International Zen Center, Chungnam Province, Korea
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
A Plus Dental Clinic, English Dental Services, Bundang, Gyeonggi Province
Shopping, Food, Clothing, New and Used Stuff, etc.
MOGO - Meal Kit Service, Delivery around Korea
Business Centers, Support Services
Cocoonfice, Business Center, Seocho-gu, Seoul
Schools Nursery to University
Korea International School-KIS, PK-12 English, Pangyo, Gyeonggi-do
Korean Language and Culture (translation, orientations, classes, etc)
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Schools Nursery to University
Franciscan Foreign Kindergarten, 2-6 year olds, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Business and Networking Associations
Australia Chamber of Commerce in Korea, AustCham, Seoul