Renting a Car, Korea
Renting a car is easy to do in Korea, albeit at a higher cost than some travellers may be used to paying. Renting a car for occasional use is an option favoured by a number of foreign residents who don't wish or need to have their own vehicle.
On-line rental is available at most Korean car rental agencies.
Hiring a Driver along with the car is an easy option if you don't know the roads or are concerned about hte traffic conditions. Costs include an additional hourly fee for the driver as well as the driver’s meal(s) and hotel expenses. The cost of hiring a car and driver in Seoul varies depending on the market but at the moment it starts at about W120,000 for 10 hours/day. For more information on costs and options, you can call the Korea Car Rental Union at 02-525-9076/8.
- Confirm that you have full liability insurance coverage, and not the partial coverage that won't provide the protection you need. For more info on liability, look up 'liability' in the korea4expats search box.
- Confirm the location of the nearest gas station to where you will be dropping off the car if you don't want to pay the dealer's rates. Gas stations are sometimes hard to find in certain areas.
To rent a car, foreign drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Have more than one year's driving experience.
- Be over 21 years of age.
- Have a valid international driver's license or Korean driving license.
- Have (and show) a valid passport
K4E Editor: Korea4Expats wants the information it provides to be as accurate and complete as possible, so if you notice any omissions or errors in the content above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on
|In the same header|
Schools Nursery to University
Dwight School Seoul, English Pre-School-High School, Seoul
Korean Language and Culture (translation, orientations, classes, etc)
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Busan
Doctors, Hospitals, Intl Clinics
Maria Fertility Hospital - IVF Treatments, Shinseol-dong, Seoul
Business and Networking Associations
American Chamber of Commerce in Korea, AMCHAM, Seoul
Chiropractic, Alternative Medicine
Morning Calm Birthing Services, Doula-Birthing Education, Ulsan-Seoul-Busan
Accounting/Tax Filing Services
TieTax, US Taxes and Financial Planning, Korea
Business Centers, Support Services
Cocoonfice, Business Center, Seocho-gu, Seoul