Moving to Korea > Housing

Change of Address Reporting Requirement

Change of Address Reportin...

All foreign residents must report changes in the particulars of their Alien Registration Card within fourteen (14) days of the occurence of such changes, including:
- Address change (even if only change of unit in same building)
- Name, civil status, nationality changes
- Passport changes, including passport number, date of issuance, or expiration date changes
- Detail changes (including name change) of organisation for D1, D2 and D4 visa holders

The changes may be recorded on the back of your Alien Registration Card (ARC) or simply on your immigration record.

Failure to report can result in the imposition of a fine. The amount of the fine will be determine on a 'case-by-case basis'. For many the initial fine is W100,000 - it may also be calculated on a daily basis. 

How to report change: 
Online: As of November 2011, foreign residents can register their change of address online. Go to (Note that you may have to cut and paste the link) then click on English. You may need to use Internet Explorer to access the form and to download ActiveX. Once you're in, click on Forms on the right side of the page.
In person: You can go to your Gu-office or to your local immigration office. D8 visa holders can also go to KOTRA or to the Seoul Global Center (where there are immigration officials).
The official title of the change of address application form is: "체류지 변경신고 / alteration of residence".
If there is no official who speaks English you can say why you're there by showing them this:
"이정보에 따라 체류지 변경신고해 주세요".

Forwarding Mail:
Go to any post office with ID (AR) card. Tell the counter staff that you want  주소이전신청서비스 (Joo so iee jeon service). S/he will then check your current (or old) address on your ID - ARC (card). This service is free for 3 months. For information on post office locations, type MAIL DELIVERY in the Search box above. want the information on this site to be as accurate and complete as possible so if you've noticed any errors or omission on this page, please let us know at

Image source

Last Updated on 2015-02-28

In the same header
After You Move In Before Choosing Your New Home
Before Signing Rental Lease or Moving In Bill Payment Options
Buying Real Estate - Commercial Buying Real Estate - Residential
Change of Address Reporting Requirement Condominium Purchases - Foreign Nationals
General Information About Housing Housing Locations In Seoul
Housing Options, Korea Moving Within Korea
Real Estate Agents - Budongsan Real-Estate Terms - Translation
Renting in Korea, Lease Options Utilities - Electricity, Gas, Water
SIWA Enrichment Coffee Morning, Wed 24 Jan 2018, Yeongdeungpo-gu, SeoulIf you're a woman newly arrived in the Seoul area, SIWA offers a chance to share your skills or enri...
At the Movies This Week - SeoulClick here for a list of English language/subtitled movies and where they are playing in Seoul. For...
Korea Grand Sale, Ends 28 Feb 2018, Seoul and around KoreaCulture, tourism and shopping promotions for international visitors to Korea
SCI Improv-The.Other.Winter Games, 29 Jan 2018, Yongsan-gu, SeoulSCI performers will entertain you with a number of improv games.
TCIS Taejon Christian International School,1 Nov 2017
Korea International School-KIS, PK-12 English, Pangyo, Gyeonggi-do
JZ Associate
Seoul Foreign School, K-12 English School, Seodaemun, Seoul
A Plus Dental
I want to convert
Cocoonfice, Business Center, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Helpul telephone numbers seoul korea
EnglishClass101 - An online English learning system