Part-Time Workers Vacation Time
Providing Annual and Monthly Paid Leave to part-time employees
(Labor standard, December 17, 2002)
Annual and Monthly Paid Leave for part-time employees by Presidential Decree (Table 1-2) of the LSA shall be calculated by hourly units (1 hour deemed for periods shorter than 1 hour) by the following method:
Number of Annual & Monthly Leave for full-time employee x (Part-time employee’s contractual working hours / Full-time employee’s contractual working hours) x 8 hours Contractual working hours of short-term employees or full-time employees shall be the contractual working hours per week. (However, if a part-time employee’s contractual working hours are not regular, the contractual working hours shall be averaged for contractual working hours of 4 weeks.)
Annual Paid Leave shall be granted as a one day unit, and so shall be considered to be used as much as the same amount of contractual working hours.
1. Part-time employee who works 4 hours per day and 6 days per week
- Annual Leave (hours): Number of Annual Leave for full-time employee (10 days) x [Part-time employee’s contractual working hours (24 hours) / Full-time employee’s contractual working hours (44 hours)] x 8 hours = 43.6 hours ≒ 44 hours
- If the employee used three consecutive days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 12 hours are used and 32 hours are left after deducting 12 hours from 44 hours.
2. Part-time employee who works 8 hours per day and 3 days (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) per week
- Annual Leave (hours) are the same as #1.
- If the employee used two days on Monday and Wednesday, 16 hours are used and 28 hours are left after deducting 16 hours from 44 hours.
Monthly Paid Leave granted as “one day unit
- If Monthly Paid Leave hours are shorter than the contractual working hours for the day of leave (e.g., in above #2, Monthly Paid Leave hours: 4 hours; contractual working hours: 8 hours), they can be granted in hourly units, or be given as one day units in an accumulative manner.
- If Monthly Paid Leave hours are longer than the contractual working hours for the day of leave, one day of Monthly Paid Leave can be granted and the remaining leave hours can be paid as unused Monthly Paid Leave allowance without providing off-hours.
- Unused Annual and Monthly Paid Leave hours (including remaining leave hours left after using them in “one day units”) shall be paid unused Annual and Monthly Paid Leave allowance calculated based upon hourly wage (Unused leave hours x hourly wage).
K4E Editor: We try to make the information on Korea4Expats.com as complete and accurate as possible, so if you notice any errors or omissions in the content above, please let us know at email@example.com.
Last Updated on 2014-09-17
|In the same header|
|Annual Paid Leave Rights||Annual Paid Leave, Employer Responsibility|
|Calculating Annual Paid Leave Due||Part-Time Workers Vacation Time|
Schools Nursery to University
NIK (Namsan International Kindergarten), Jung-gu, Seoul
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, etc.
Tartine Bakery and Cafe - Fruit, Meringue Pies, Peasant Bread -Seoul
Accounting, Tax Filing Services
JzAssociate, Accounting Services, Personal & Business, Seoul & Gyeonggi
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Seocho-gu, Seoul
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
A Plus Dental Clinic, English Dental Services, Bundang, Gyeonggi Province
Schools Nursery to University
Seoul Foreign School, English School, Age 2 to 18, Seodaemun, Seoul
Web Design, Internet Related Services
Business and Networking Associations
American Chamber of Commerce in Korea, AMCHAM, Seoul