Emergency Support Centers for Migrant Women
The center first opened in November of 2006 in an effort to support women’s safety and human rights protection. It provides 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year emergency support services to all foreign women -regardless of nationality, within South Korea. The main center in Seoul is run and staffed entirely by women.
In addition to the main center in Seoul, there are currently 6 satellite centers (see list below). These satellite centers are currently only open from Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 18:00. Outside of these times, all calls made to these centers are automatically forwarded to the main center in Seoul.
Each emergency support center provides the following services, free of charge:
1. Telephone and in-person counseling services in 11 languages (Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, English, Tagalog, Russian, Thai, Mongolian, Cambodian, Uzebek, and Japanese) *Please note that support in any given language is dependent upon the presence of a speaker of that language at the time you call.
2. Emergency shelter services: There is one room on-site for immediate emergencies only, and the center will re-locate you to one of the emergency women’s shelters within Seoul - designated specifically for foreign women, who have been victims of family violence, sexual assault and prostitution.
3. Couple and family conflict resolution (telephone and in-person)
4. Legal counseling
5. Connection to other emergency services:
- legal aide
- investigation and police services
- hospitals / medical treatment
6. Interpretation services (in court, at counseling centers, at shelters, at hospitals, with the police, between 2 conflicting parties, etc.)
7. Internet counseling (Provided through the on-line community pages for each language. The links to each community are located at the bottom of the home page. Please note that English language internet counseling can be accessed via the Philippino community link.)
Telephone: 1577-1366 (no area code required when dialed from ANY type of phone within South Korea)
Address: 3rd Floor, Central Place, Seosomunno, Jung-Gu, Seoul
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTIONS: Take exit 4 from ChungJongNo Station (line 2, stop 243 and line 5, stop 531). Walk straight. The center is located on the 3rd floor of the large office building (Central Place) on the corner (immediately to the left of the “The’O Center” building).
Address: 2nd Fl., 86-4 HwaSeo-Dong, PalDal-Gu, Suwon 442-860
Address: 5th Fl., 240 WolPyeong-Dong, Seo-Gu, Daejeon 302-280
Address: 5th Fl., 1001-25 WolSan-Dong, Nam-Gu, Gwangju 503-230
Address: 669 DuGu-Dong, GeumJeong-Gu, Busan 609-370
GyeongBuk (Gumi) Center
JeonBuk (Jeonju) Center
K4E Editor: Korea4Expats.com tries to ensure that the information we provide is accurate and complete, so should you notice any errors or omissions in the content above please contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated on 2012-01-29
|In the same header|
|Emergency Support Centers for Migrant Women||Family Registry Issues of Foreign Spouses|
|Increase in Intercultural Marriages||Networks for Foreign Spouses of Korean Nationals|
|Pre-Marriage Regulations||Programs for Foreign Wives|
Schools Nursery to University
Namsan International Kindergarten, Jung-gu, Seoul
Dental Clinics incl. Dentists, Orthodontists
S-PLANT Dental Hospital, Prosthetic Dentistry-Orthodontics, Gangnam, Seoul
Eye Care, glasses, testing, lasik surgery...
BGN Eye Clinic, Lasik-Lasek-Eye Surgery, Busan
Korean Language and Culture (translation, orientations, classes, etc)
KoreanClass101 - An online Korean learning system
Web Design, Internet Related Services
Schools Nursery to University
Asia Pacific International School, Pre K-12 English School, Seoul
Accounting/Tax Filing Services
JzAssociate, Accounting Services, Personal & Business, Seoul & Gyeonggi
Business and Networking Associations
CanCham - Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Korea